A Day In The Life Of USCIS
According to a USCIS fact sheet, the USCIS receives between 6-8 million applications and petitions every year. As such, USCIS is the largest immigration service in the world. Below are just a few of the tasks accomplished on a daily basis by its 15,000 federal and contract employees of USCIS in 250 offices worldwide:
- Answer phone inquiries from 82,000 calls to its toll-free customer service phone line
- Process 30,000 applications for immigrant benefits
- Answer in-person inquiries from 19,000 visitors to information counters at 92 local offices
- Issue 7,000 Permanent Resident Cards (green cards)
- Welcome 2,100 new citizens, 3,500 new permanent residents, and nearly 200 refugees from around the world
- Grant asylum to 80 individuals already in the United States
- Naturalize 20 individuals serving in the United States military
We welcome readers to share their opinion by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bruce A. Hake, P.C. And Other Featured Law Firms
Losing US Citizenship
Gregory Siskind answers the question, "Can natural born US citizens lose their citizenship?"
|Marc Ellis, Esq.|
|Tue, Jul 26, 5PM ET||To Be Announced|
|Tue, Aug 2, 5PM ET||To Be Announced|
|Tue, Aug 9, 5PM ET||To Be Announced|
|Tue, Aug 16, 5PM ET||To Be Announced|
|Tue, Aug 23, 5PM ET||Rolando Rex Velasquez, Esq.|
|Tue, Aug 30, 5PM ET||To Be Announced|
Send your letters to email@example.com.
The letter by Nursing16 published in Immigrant's Weekly (07/11/05) indicates that their present status is illegal, because if they are legal permanent residents it is certain that it will not take 20 years to become an American citizen. Illegals are those who violate the law of the US. Therefore, the question of granting citizenship to the violators of the law of the US does not arise.
An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium.
Attorney listings on ILW.COM are searched 200,000 times/year! Each attorney listed is searched an average of once each day! Just one new client will pay for the entire year's fee! Click here for more info: http://www.ilw.com/membership/