ILW.COM - the immigration portal Seminars

Home Page

Advanced search

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW


Chinese Immig. Daily


Connect to us

Make us Homepage


Immigration Daily

The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of free

Immigration LLC.

Legal Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar
"Strategies for Business: Employing foreign nationals on Hs, Ls, TN and other visas"
Part 3 held on September 30, 2002

For more info, or to signup online, click here.
For more info, or to signup by fax, click here.

1. 8 C.F.R. 214.1(c)(4) [Requirements for extension of status eligibility, plus factors for "extraordinary circumstanes" discretionary relief in case of late filing filing after failure to maintain status]

2. Immigration and Nationality Act ("INA") Sec. 214(m), 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1184(m) [Requirements for H-1B "portability" eligibility]

3. 8 CFR 214.2 (h)(13)(iii)(A) [INS regulation regarding 6 year limit in H-1B status applies to time spent in the U.S.]

4. Nair v. Coultice, 162 F.Supp. 1209 (S.D. Cal. 2001) [federal court decision re: "recapture" of time in H-1B status]

5. INA Sec. 245(k), 8 U.S.C. 1255(k) [limited overstay/unauthorized employment forgiveness for employment based adjustment of status applicants]

6. 20 C.F.R. 655.730(e)(1) and 20 C.F.R. 655.760(a)(7) [DOL regulations indicating allowing continued use of LCA when there is a change in corporate structure or identity]

7. INA Sec. 214(c)(10), 8 U.S.C. 1184(c)(10) [amended H-1B petition not needed in corporate restructuring where new entity succeeds to interests and obligations of original petitioning entity and terms and conditions of employment remain the same]

8. INA Sec. 212(n)(2)(C)(vi)(II), 8 U.S.C. 1182(n)(2)(C)(vi)(II) [employer may not require alien to provide, and may not accept if offered by alien, compensation for or reimbursement of $1000 portion of filing fee]

9. 8 C.F.R. 214.2(h)(19)(ii) [INS will only accept check for filing fee from employer or its representative of record]