Legal Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar
"Healthy or Ailing? Immigration for Doctors and Healthcare Workers"
with Bill Stock
Part 3 held on June 24, 2002
For more info, or to signup online, click here.
For more info, or to signup by fax, click here.
* Regulations for 343 certifications: 8 CFR Sec. 212.15, found at:
* Regulatory Notices on Section 343 requirements:
63 Fed Reg 55007 (Oct 13, 1998) (authorizing CGFNS for nurses and
NBCOT for OTs)
63 Fed Reg 23174 (June 29, 1999) (CGFNS for OTs, FCCPT for PTs)
66 Fed Reg 3440 (Jan 16, 2001) (CGFNS issues for all 343 occupations)
* Additional language allowing graduates of English-language foreign
nursing schools to meet alternative "Visa Screen" requirements: INA
* Credentialing organizations:
Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools:
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy:
Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy:
* Current State Department Policy on waivers of the 343 requirements for
State Department Cable Number 98 State 079570, posted on AILA Infonet
May 6, 1998
Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee Certification Program:
Search for "foreign pharmacists" on www.nabp.net (the web site of the
National Association of Boards of Pharmacy).
* 20 CFR 656.10 - Schedule A Group I
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM