ILW.COM - the immigration portal Seminars

Home Page

Advanced search

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network


Chinese Immig. Daily


Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of free

Immigration LLC.

Listserv Q&A for
""Are We All Certifiable?" -- An Insider's Tour Through The Maddening World Of Labor Certification "

For more info, or to signup online, click here.
For more info, or to signup by fax, click here.


I have filed for a loan officer in LA for a Korean Bank. Required BS plus 3 years and Korean language, and EDD came back with lever II wage. Employer is not willing to pay lever II wage. Looked to private surveys but there is none available for a loan officer in LA area for a lack of sufficient sample size. The client has a 20 years old child turning 21 in 2005. How can I keep the case in RIR?

Answer by Rebecca Burdette:

I have done a number of labor certifications for foreign banks in the Houston area. We have been able to use the Federal Reserve Salary Surveys for the Federal District in which your bank is located. These do provide a little more distinction between various positions within banking institutions. You should ask your employer to obtain this information for you to see if this might be helpful. Unfortunately for most professional positions that require more than a Bachelor's plus 2 years you will usually get a level 2 wage.

Immigration Daily: the news source for
legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers
Enter your email address here: