Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar
"Are We All Certifiable?" -- An Insider's Tour Through The Maddening World Of Labor Certification
Part 1 held on February 25, 2004
For more info, or to signup online, click here.
For more info, or to signup by fax, click here.
Telephone numbers of the SWAs
Richard Souder (Texas) 512-463-2332
Sandra Stafford (Florida) 850-921-3367
Deborah Cusimano (California) 916-464-3470
EDD Mainline 916-463-3400
The following BALCA citations have been kindly supplied by Bill Kartman, the Program Manager of the Washington State Employment Security Department
- The Matter of Staffing Services, No. 2002-INA-53 through 55 plus 2002-INA-86 (BALCA, Sep. 17, 2003) regarding employer's need to provide independent documentation to establish its contacts with U.S. applicants, both mailing of recruitment letters and telephone billing records
- The Matter of Tammy Taylor Nails, No. 2002-INA-218 (BALCA, Sep. 9, 2003) regarding Unanswered Phone Calls
- The Matter of Le Elen Manor, Inc., No. 2002-INA-127 (BALCA, Sep. 5, 2003) regarding Ambiguous Resume
- The Matter of Sanmar Auto Body, Inc., No. 2002-INA-227 and 228 (BALCA, Sep. 3, 2003) regarding recruiting effort without serious intent
- The Matter of Norma Diamond, No. 2002-INA-122 (BALCA, Sep. 4, 2003) regarding undocumented series of phone calls
- The Matter of Cleanmore Building Maintenance Co., No. 2002-INA-173 (BALCA, Sep. 3, 2003), regarding when to send Tearsheets to the SWA
- The Matter of Compression, Inc., No. 2002-INA-102, and 35 other cases (BALCA, Aug. 27, 2003) regarding
failure to produce letters sent to US applicants, discouraging US applicants, reasonable efforts to contact qualified US applicants,
more than a single attempt at contact required, and more than a single type of contact required.
- The Matter of Woodland Hills Country Club, No. 2002-INA-201 and 202, (BALCA, Aug. 22, 2003) regarding lack of clarity in recruitment reports
- The Matter of Richard Druz Music, No. 2002-INA-178, (BALCA, Aug. 22, 2003) regarding unsupported assertions
- The Matter of JP Products, No. 2002-INA-133, (BALCA, Aug. 20, 2003) regarding acceptance of lower qualifications for the alien
- The Matter of Bervette Diesel, Inc., No. 2002-INA-99, (BALCA, Aug. 20, 2003) regarding single unsuccessful phone call not enough
- The Matter of M.N. Auto Electric Corp., No. 2000-INA-165 (BALCA, Aug. 8, 2001)(en banc) regarding certified letters not required but regarded as good documentation for required alternative contact.
- The Matter of Pak Trading Company, Inc., No. 2002-INA-175 (BALCA, Aug. 27, 2003) regarding vague responses
- The Matter of Accent Awnings, No. 2002-INA-87 (BALCA, Aug. 14, 2003) regarding Adequate Documentation and verifiable references
- The Matter of Emmanual Health Care Center, No. 2002-INA-135 (BALCA, Jun. 30, 2003) regarding Third Party Communication
- The Matter of Lico's Tree Service, No. 2001-INA-00124 (BALCA, Sep. 12, 2002) regarding asking for a higher salary does not disqualify US applicant, must actually offer job.
- The Matter of Pierre Lafond, No. 2002-INA-??? (BALCA, Jul. 25, 2002) regarding Potential Competitors as job applicants
- The Matter of Architectural Area Lighting, No. 2002-INA-41 (BALCA, Jul. 22, 2002) regarding Alternative Means if Certified Return Receipt is Unavailable
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM