Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar
Family Immigration For Beginners
Session 3 held on October 8, 2009
For more info, or to signup online, click here.
For more info, or to signup by fax, click here.
From Kelly McCown
- Neufeld Memorandum, I-751 Filed Prior to Termination of Marriage (April 3, 2009) AILA Infonet Doc. No. 09072166 (posted 7/21/2009)
- AILA/SCOPS Practice Pointer: I-751 Filing and Adjudicating Procedures for Parties Separated but Not Yet Divorced, InfoNet Doc. No. 09092883 (posted Sep. 28, 2009)
- Matter of Lovo Lara 23 I&N Dec. 746 (BIA 2005) (transsexual marriage valid under the INA, despite DOMA)
From Michele Vakili
- Matter of Lenning, 17 I&N Dec. 476 (BIA 1980) (holding a legal separation is sufficient to terminate a marriage for immigration purposes)
- VAWA, Violence Against Women Act (Battered spouses/children or subject to extreme mental cruelty), 8 CFR sec. 204.1(a)(2)(3); INA sec 204(a)(1)(A)
- Conditional Residents: INA sec. 216(a)(1); 8 CFR sec. 216.1
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM