Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar
Employer Sanctions For Experts
Session 1 held on January 28, 2009
For more info, or to signup online, click here.
For more info, or to signup by fax, click here.
Batya Schwartz Ehrens
- Source of STEM subjects available at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/stemlist.htm, last accessed January 28, 2009.
- President Bush's Amendment to Executive Order 12989 requiring federal contractors to use E-Verify.
- Executive Order 13465 Economy and Efficiency in Government Procurement through Compliance with Certain Immigration and Nationality Act Provisions and the Use of an Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification System amending Executive Order 12989 of February 13, 1996 (June 6, 2008), available at http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/pdf/08-1348.pdf, last accessed January 28, 2009.
- Final Rule mandating use of E-Verify by all Federal Contractors.
- 73 Fed. Reg. 67651, Nov. 14, 2008 (to be codified at 48 C.F.R. pts. 2, 22, and 52) available at http://www.nafsa.org/_/Document/_/final_rule_on_e_verify.pdf, last accessed January 28, 2009.
- 100,000 Employers Use E-Verify Program, USCIS Press Release, January 08, 2008 available at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3df0f3addb6be110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb
9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD, last accessed January 17, 2009.
- Lawsuit filed by coalition of business organizations to challenge the E-Verify Amendment to the FAR in federal court.
- Chamber of Commerce of the United States of America, et al. v. Michael Chertoff, et al., Civil Action No. AW-08-3444 (D.Md.). available at http://www.uschamber.com/assets/nclc/chamber_v_chertoff.pdf, last accessed January 28, 2009.
- Delay of Applicability of FAR until February 20, 2009.
- 74 Fed. Reg. 1937 (January 14, 2009), available at http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/pdf/E9-651.pdf, last accessed January 28, 2009.
- E-Verify MOU for Employer [Revision Date 10/29/08] available at http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/MOU.pdf, last accessed January 28, 2009.
- US Chamber of Commerce announcement that litigants agreed to extend applicability of FAR to May 21, 2009.
- Federal Government Again Delays Mandatory E-Verify Use for Government Contractors: Chamber Deal Postpones Rule for a Second Time, available at http://www.uschamber.com/press/releases/2009/january/090128_verify.htm, last accessed January 28, 2009.
- Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies from Rahm Emanuel, January 20, 2008, available at http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/E9-1639.htm, last accessed January 28, 2009.
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM