PERM Session - Detailed Curriculum (Sign Up Deadline is Tuesday, March 1st)
The curriculum for the PERM session of "Running With The Bulls In
Immigration Pamplona" on March 3rd is as follows:
What's up with the Backlog Reduction Centers?
Does PERM Ring the Death Knell on Delitizer?
- What is happening at the BRCs?
- Is FIFO happening?
- Where are my clients' cases?
- How long will it take to adjudicate my clients' case and will that be
faster than a new PERM case?
- Can I amend my clients' applications at BRC and then do PERM?
What's up with Prevailing Wage Practice?
- What does PERM require under the "Substantially Comparable" test for
- Will it be a simple test of whether jobs overlap 50%?
- What are different duties?
- When is supervising different that hand-on activity?
- Why are org charts and payroll information relevant?
Does PERM Create New Rules or Just Codify Old Cases and Practices?
- Do the new rules require a written rationale for decision on
prevailing wage source?
- Is an employer entitled to a decision on resubmission of a request for
prevailing wage determination?
- How will the new four-level wage system play out?
How Does PERM Recruitment Differ from RIR Recruitment?
- How does the PERM requirement that an employer consider if a U.S. job
applicant is able to learn new skills based on combination of training and
experience in a reasonable time differ from former labor certification
- How does the requirement concerning the ability to learn new skills
based on a combination of training and experience differ, if at all, from
How Do Employers Maneuver through the SOC Job Zones?
- What’s now required?
- Two ads or one?
- Three different steps or repeating the same steps several times?
- Accounting for all applicants or just those interviewed?
- How much room is there (given the wording of the PERM regulations) to
document recruitment effort in another manner than the specific examples
provided, e.g., campus recruitment for experienced workers?
- NOF's vs. audits: Will CO's allow employers to cure defects or amend
How Do We Deal with the Clash of PERM Progression and Visa Number
- How are experience and educational levels determined under the SOC job
- Why do the job zones in the on-line wage database at
www.flcdatacenter.com sometimes differ from the data found at
http://online.onetcenter.org and which database controls?
- How do attorneys cope with employer job requirements that exceed the
- How do employers document business necessity if the job zones are
- How do the SOC job zones impact on obtaining a prevailing wage under
the new four-tiered wage system?
- What is the interrelationship between the preamble remark about
conformity with the SOC versus ETA 9089 Question H12? Will a yes still
trigger an audit, or, will an analyst apply judgment before issuing the
- On gearing up for the new 4-level wage system?
- On whether prevailing wage determinations issued by the SWA before
3/8/05 be updated quickly if received?
What Other Immigration Bulls May Turn Us into Road Kill?
- What strategies still work?
- Getting from Third Preference to Second Preference?
- Using cross-chargeability?
- AC-21-available strategies when visas backlog?
- Change of status from L-1 to H-1B to get seventh year extension?
- Change of status to other viable nonimmigrant categories?
- Are labor certifications doomed for caregivers, live-in workers, and
most non-professional jobs?
The deadline to register is Tuesday, March 1st. For more info, including
speaker bios, detailed curriculum, and registration information, please
see: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/january2005.shtm. (Fax version: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/january2005.pdf.)
- How do the rules change when filing for H-1Bs on March 8th?
- Do you need an advanced degree by March 8th to get an H-1B?
- Will it be easier to obtain a labor certification approval under PERM
than under RIR?
- What's wrong with taking the chance that a labor certification can be
approved without an audit?
- What do you do to prevent unleashing the Sword of Damocles (the
perpetually revocable labor certification approval)?
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM