Detailed Curriculum For January 31st Seminar
FIRST Phone Session on January 31st:
The H-1B Visa Reform Act and other H-1B Practice Pointers
The L-1 Visa Reform Act
- What types of Master's degree holders qualify for the additional 20,000 H-1B numbers?
- When will filings for the additional 20,000 H-1B numbers be allowed?
- How will USCIS count the new numbers?
- How can employers get a second chance to correct public access folders before DOL can issue fines?
- How do employers apply the new four-level wage system?
- What does PERM say about automatic H-1B wage increases when employees are promoted?
Immigration Provisions in the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004
- Are some Blanket L-1 petitioners grandfathered and still allowed to import blanket L-1B applicants with only six months experience abroad?
- How can employers dispatch L-1 workers at customer site while avoiding the ban on off-site placements?
- What evidence should employers assemble now to avoid off-site placement liability for consulting companies, corporate customers and L-1B workers?
- How should you advise your clients if they are contacted about their L-1 employment practices by the DHS Office of Inspector General?
Electronic I-9 Legislation
- What are the new statutory requirements for visa interviews and waivers of interview?
- What new authority exists to revoke approved immigrant visa petitions and approved visas retroactively without notice to the alien?
- What does the new law say about standards for driver's licenses and birth certificates?
- How many additional U.S. consular officers, Border Patrol officials, ICE officers and detention spaces does the new law authorize over the next four years?
- What protections does the new law create concerning privacy and civil rights?
The J-1 Waiver Relief Act
- Should employers opt for paper or electronic storage of Forms I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verifications)?
- What forms of electronic signatures will likely satisfy the new law?
- How does a digital signature differ from an electronic signature?
- Under what circumstances should employers consider scanning their existing inventory of paper I-9s and discarding the originals?
- How does the I-9 Retention Rule and the 5-year I-9 statute of limitations affect the decision to scan existing paper I-9s?
- What Standards Will the Government Adopt for Electronic Signatures and the Electronic Retention of I-9s?
- How Will Existing I-9 Procedures Be Integrated with Forthcoming Electronic-Signature/Retention Regulations?
- Will the Government Also Publish a New I-9 Form and a Streamlined List of Acceptable Documents When Issuing the New Digital I-9 Regulation?
- What Software Applications Are Recommended When Driving down the Digital I-9 Superhighway?
The deadline to register is Thursday, January 27th. For more info, detailed
curriculum, speaker bios, and registration information, see: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/january2005.shtm. (Fax version: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/january2005.pdf.)
- How will the 3000 J-1 waivers for doctors be issued over the next two years?
- What must an employer do to show eligibility for exemption from the H-1B quota?
- Which types of medical practice are covered?
- Under what circumstances can a J-1 doctor serve outside of a medically underserved area?
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM