October 21, 2004
REGION 5 ETA WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT LETTER 001-05
MEMORANDUM TO: STATE WORKFORCE ADMINISTRATORS
FROM: Byron Zuidema
SUBJECT: Region 5 Reorganization
1. Purpose. To inform State Workforce Agencies of updates to the staffing structure of the Regional Office.
2. References. None
3. Links. This Letter is in the Region 5 website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/Pages/LibraryIssuances.cfm.
4. Background. The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is proceeding with a reorganization of its offices, divisons and units to better serve its customers.
Part of this reoganization is a redeployment of Federal staff involved with foreign labor certification. This function has been transferred from the Regional Offices to the Office of National Programs, Division of Foreign Labor Certification (DFLC). The Division has reorganized its foreign labor certification activities in a new structure intended to eliminate the current Permanent Program backlog and implement the new Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) system. The newly created structure will be Center-based and include all program functions and Federal staff currently residing in ETA Regional Offices. Before the end of calendar year 2004, Federal foreign labor certification staff nationwide will be relocated to two Perm Processing Centers located in Atlanta and Chicago.
The Chicago Perm Processing Center contact information is as follow:
Chicago Perm Processing Center
5. Substance. Following is the latest update to the Regional Office staffing structure:
Office of the Regional Administrator (ORA)
Office of System Performance (OSP)
Division of Workforce Investment (DWI)
One-Stop and Business Services Unit (OSBSU)
Unemployment Insurance and Reeemployment Services Unit (UIRSU)
Division of State Operations (DSO)
Office of Discretionary Programs (ODP)
Division of Discretionary Grants (DDG)
National Emergency Grant Unit (NEGU)
Specialty Grant Unit (SGU)
Office of System Support (OSS)
Division of Internal Support (DIS)
Division of Financial and Performance Management (DFPM)
Financial Grant Management Unit (FGU)
Performance/Reporting Unit (PRU)
6. Action Required. State Administrators are requested to share this Letter with appropriate staff and other agencies.
7. Inquiries. Questions or comments concerning the Region 5 reorganization may be directed to Nick Lammers of the Office of System Performance on 312.596.5520; Larry Greevers of the Office of Discretionary Programs on 312.596.5437; or Barry Dale of the Office of System Support on 312.596.5455. Questions or comments about the format of this Letter may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
8. Attachments. None.
9. Effective Date. October 21, 2004
10. Expiration Date. September 30, 2005