Unraveling The Mysteries In Adjustment Of Status
The detailed curriculum for "Unraveling The Mysteries In Adjustment Of Status" is as follows:
SECOND Phone Session on November 10th:
I. EMPLOYMENT-BASED ADJUSTMENTS
II. PORTABILITY & CONCURRENT FILING ISSUES
- Deciding between Adjustment vs. Consular processing
- Reasons why to favor adjusting
- Reasons why to favor Consular
- Designating choice on I-140 - locked-in?
- Prospect of visa number backlogs again
- INA § 204 (j) & the Yates Memo
- When to notify CIS of the change in jobs
- Gap in employment between jobs
- What is "same or similar" ?
- Cut in pay at new job?
- New employer's ability to pay?
- Firstland case
- Portability & concurrent filing - impact of the Fujie Ohata memo dated
- Portability and consular processing
THIRD Phone Session on December 2nd:
I. EAD & TRAVEL ISSUES DURING ADJUSTMENT
The deadline to register is Tuesday, November 9th. For more info, detailed
curriculum, speaker bios, and registration information, see: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/october2004.shtm. (Fax version: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/october2004.pdf.)
- EAD extensions - timing
- Maintaining nonimmigrant status
- Advance Parole (General Rule) - 8 CFR 245.2(a)(4)(ii)(A) & (B)
- Renewing Adv. Parole & Travel Limitations
- Timing for Adv. Parole extensions
- Exception for H-1B & L-1s and their dependents - 8 CFR
- May 25, 2000 memo on the rules for H-1Bs & L-1s
- Common scenarios
- Advance Parole & portability cases
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM