ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Advanced search

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network


Chinese Immig. Daily


Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of free

Immigration LLC.

< Back to current issue of Immigration Daily < Back to current issue of Immigrant's Weekly

Questions and Answers
Electronically Filed I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card)
Pilot Program in the Los Angeles District

Can applicants outside the jurisdiction of the Los Angeles District participate in the Pilot Program?

Can I electronically file my I-90 regardless of my Application type?
No. If you are renewing your I-90 because you have reached your 14th birthday since your current card was issued, you are not eligible for e-filing. This is reason 2g on the front of the I-90 application

If I filed a “paper” Form I-90 application, can I file again electronically and participate in the pilot program?
Yes. However, you must reside in a Zip Code that is serviced by a Los Angeles District Application Support Center. You will also have to pay another filing fee. Effective April 30, 2004 the filing fee for I-90 applications was increased to $185

How do I get an appointment?
The Confirmation Receipt you receive when you e-file will direct you to call a 1-800 phone number (listed on the Confirmation Receipt) to schedule your appointment at the nearest Application Support Center.

At which Application Support Center should I schedule an appointment?
When you dial the 1-800 number and speak to the Customer Service Representative (CRS), the CRS will automatically select the closest Application Support Center to your address based on Zip Code.

What is the best day to schedule an appointment?
Generally, Tuesdays are the busiest day at the Application Support Centers. By scheduling an appointment on a Wednesday through Saturday you may avoid longer wait times.

Where can I get the forms I need?
The forms are available on the USCIS web page under Electronic Filing. Once you have completed the forms online, you must print them and bring the forms to the Application Support Center.

Do I need to bring any documents to the Application Support Center on the day of my appointment?
Yes. You should bring the documents listed below:

  • A copy of your Form I-90 Application.
  • A copy of your Confirmation Receipt.
  • Picture ID. You should bring in your expired/expiring Form I-551. If you don’t have your Form I-551, bring in a government-issued picture ID.
  • Legal evidence of name changes (marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.)

Do I need to bring any money to pay for services provided by the Application Support Center?

When will I receive my new Form I-551?
In most instances, you should receive your new Form I-551 within 3 to 5 business days from the date of your appointment at the Application Support Center.

Last Modified 06/02/2004