Going To Philly?
For those of our readers who will attend the AILA Conference in
Philadelphia, and are not sure of the benefits of signing up for our phone
seminar series on USCIS Service Center issues, please consider the
- No firm can afford to send every team member to Philly, the hotel/airfare costs would be just too much. For every person from a law firm who makes it to Philly, there will likely be at least one other person at the law firm who would benefit from the information about USCIS Service Center issues in our phone seminar series. ILW.COM phone seminars are a resource for the entire law office - attorneys and paralegals alike. And the cost, when divided among people surrounding a speaker phone is very modest as compared to making a trip out-of-town.
- With hundreds of attendees in each room at Philly, getting your questions answered may be quite difficult (the time allotted for Q&A at the Philly sessions is quite limited). By contrast, fully 30% of the time in our phone seminars is devoted to questions from the audience. There is a 99% chance that your question to the eminent practitioners and USCIS representatives on the panel will be addressed. Follow-up Q&As by email are also a feature of our seminar series.
- The sheer number of simultaneous sessions for several days in a row, as happens at AILA annual conferences, makes for a deluge of information that is hard to keep up with. Plus, no one can be at two sessions at the same time, so some interesting sessions may have to be skipped. Our seminar on USCIS benefits processing at Service Centers is broken up into three manageable sessions of 90 minutes each over three months. Unlike the Philly conference, ILW.COM's phone seminar series is not a one-time event - the series is an engagement of the listeners with the panels for May, June and July.
None of the above is to imply that firms should not take advantage of the
opportunity to attend the Philly Conference. However, the benefits of
attending the ILW.COM phone seminar series nicely complement the benefits
of travelling to Philly.
The confirmed speakers for "Grant Me This Much: Obtaining Immigration
Benefits From The USCIS Regional Service Centers" include:
The deadline to register is Tuesday, May 25th. For more info, including
detailed curriculum, speaker bios, and registration information, see: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/may2004.shtm. (Fax version: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/may2004.pdf.)
- Immigration Practitioners: Angelo A. Paparelli, Jonathan C. Adams, Adam Green, Kehrela M. Hodkinson, Edward R. Litwin, Mary L. Mucha and Merrilee Snell
- USCIS: Donald Neufeld, Director of the California Service Center, Brett Gregg and Ernie Leslie, both from the CSC, and Tracy Renaud, the E-Filing point person at USCIS HQ (many other USCIS have been invited)
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM