Deadline Is Tuesday, April 6th For "Are We All Certifiable?" -- An Insider's Tour Through The Maddening World Of Labor Certification
The loopy challenges of modern-day labor-certification practice have caused
U.S. employers and their immigration attorneys to identify with Randle
Patrick McMurphy, the all-too-sane character portrayed by Jack Nicholson in
the 1975 classic film One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. In today's deranged
world of alien labor certifications, rules are announced, then rules are
reversed, procedures are proclaimed, and then they morph into alternate
incarnations. The inmates in this virtual asylum are chanting in a frenzy,
"PERM is coming, PERM is coming"; "Backlog Reduction, Backlog Reduction",
but PERM never seems to arrive, and backlogs grow ever larger.
Despite the seeming insanity of the real world practice of
labor-certification, foreign workers still clamor for certified ETA-750s,
and legal strictures must in all events be honored. Rather than joining
the lunatic fringe, shake off your anomie and sign up with ILW.com for a
cutting-edge teleconference series exploring best-practices and
tried-and-true labor certification solutions.
FIRST Phone Session on February 25:
- The "Dead-Case Cull" and other Tales from the SWA Backlog.
- Escaping the Straightjacket of Inflexible Recruiting.
- Grappling with Ever-Higher Wages in the New OES Prevailing Wage
- Order out of Chaos: Preparing a SWA-Friendly Application.
- Quo Vadis, the SWAs: Is There Life after PERM?
SECOND Phone Session on March 18:
- Standard vs. RIR processing vs. Holding One's Breath for PERM
- Recruiting and Filing Today While Preserving Options for PERM
- Fear-Factor: Managing Employer and Alien Expectations
- Re-Arranging Deck Chairs on the Titanic?: Regional Processing and
- The Carlson What-If Scenarios: Re-Advertising with Newly Stated,
THIRD Phone Session on April 8:
The deadline to register is Tuesday, April 6th. For more info, including
detailed curriculum, speaker bios,
and registration information, see: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/february2004.shtm. (Fax version:
- BALCA Balking - a Full Contact Sport.
- We Gotta Get Out of This Place: Labor Certification and Portability
- Will Justice Prevail?: Advanced Prevailing Wages Issues - Pre- and
- Safely Saying Goodbye: Lawful Grounds for Rejection of U.S.
- Staying Out of Club Fed: Liberty-Preserving Strategies in This Era of
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM