ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Advanced search

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network


Chinese Immig. Daily


Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of free

Immigration LLC.

< Back to current issue of Immigration Daily < Back to current issue of Immigrant's Weekly

Dear Editor:
I would like to get help or answers about uniting families. Well, this is my story. June 99, I joined the Armed Force, and I'm still serving. When I joined the Army I was only a permanent resident, now I am a US Citizen. For the past 2 years I have been living with an illegal alien, and now we have decided to get married. I have been looking and asking about what do I have to do to get him legalized. The answers that I got said that if I apply for him, he will be deported, and that he will be subject to the 3-10 year bar. I can't have that since we have an 8 month baby girl. I can't let this happen, because in case I get called up (deployed), who is going to take care of my baby? Another thing is that he works and he supports us, I do not like to get Welfare, because my fiance and I can work, but if he gets deported what would I do? I know from experience because this happened to a friend that lives in the same town where I'm from, her husband got deported and now she has to take care of three kids by herself. I don't think this is fair. As I said, I have been searching for an answer and I can't find anything. Please, I need help on this matter, and I know that there are a lot of families in the same situation that I am in. If I can please get advised. I hope President Bush can help all unite families.

Name Withheld