I just read the legislation covering construction of BCIS and "Pilot
Initiatives For Backlog Elimination."
here are my suggestions;-
1. Eliminate the visa lottery. It has outlived its usefulness. The
original intent was to benefit natives of Ireland. A lottery to enter the
U.S. is degrading.
2. Since it takes2-3 years to adjudicate I-485's,extend the time frame of
I-765's to 2 years.
3. Advance Paroles should be used for emergencies, as in previous years,
and not extended to vacations and other frivolous matters.
4. Separate most I-129 extensions from new petitions. Original documents
not being required for extensions, it would speed up the process.
5. Transfer those officers back to adjudicating petitions after the
'blitz' on Naturalization . The processing time reduction in this area has
resulted in an increase in immediate relative petitions.
6. Train officers to use common sense to reduce the number of Requests for
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM