H-1B Seminar Will Cover LCAs, Adjudications And H-1B/LC Issues
ILW.COM's new seminar "Cutting-Edge Topics In H-1B Practice" features Cyrus Mehta, Robert Divine, Wendi Lazar, Angelo Paparelli, Eleanor Pelta, William Stock and other speakers to be announced. The curriculum is as follows:
FIRST Phone Session on November 25: Latest on LCAs: Analyzing DOL v. Kutty
- Representing an employee who is not being paid the required wage
- DOL assessment of back wages and other penalties
- Deducting Attorney Fees from the required wage
- When can firing constitute retaliation under the "whistleblower" protections?
- Benching: Maternity Leave vs. Lack of a License
- Understanding actual vs. prevailing wages
- Best practices on developing the public access file
SECOND Phone Session on December 19: H-1B Adjudications at INS Service Centers
- Responding to the dreaded RFE
- Problematic Occupations: Marketing Analyst, Nurse Supervisor, etc.
- Best practices for obtaining a credential evaluation
- AC21 portability and gaps in employment
- Representing the terminated H-1B employee in maintaining status
- Representing the H-1B employer in financial difficulty
- Tolling 6 year limit for time not spent in the US
THIRD Phone Session on January 24: Achieving Consistency between H-1B and Permanent Residency
- Holistically planning the case from H-1B to Permanent Residency
- Ethical issues arising out of dual representation and what to do when a conflict arises
- Achieving consistency in work experience equivalencies for H-1Bs and EB-3s
- Prevailing wage issues in the H-1B and Labor Certification
- 7th year H-1B extensions vs. concurrent filing of I-140 and I-1485
- Maintaining H-1B status vs. AOS portability with an EAD
For more info, including registration information online, click here.
For more info, including registration information by fax, click here.
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM