ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Advanced search

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network


Chinese Immig. Daily


Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of free

Immigration LLC.

< Back to current issue of Immigration Daily < Back to current issue of Immigrant's Weekly

Dear Editor:
Change of Address... AR-11, INS Service Center, and while you are at it... 1. The AR-11 should be sent in to the DC Address on the form, whilst the Regional Service Center should be sent a letter to the General Correspondence Address (or other address as indicated by each INS Regional Service Center), check the Website if possible if one has a petition/filing pending. The Envelope should note Change of Address on it and the contents of the letter, A#, NOTICE: CHANGE OF ADDRESS, New Address, Old Address, Name, and other specifications. Send these notices certified mail, and keep the receipt, and a photocopy of all correspondence to INS (As you always should). Don't forget these other address change notices to be complete... !
Further, if you have a matter pending w/ the BIA, notice of address change is due in 5 days, on the proper EOIR Form (should be EOIR 33). Asylum offices should also be sent the change of address if an action is pending at that stage, i.e. I-589 w/ no Administrative Officer decision yet. If some other matter pending w/ some other office, i.e. VAWA in Vermont, then also send the address change there.. Others reading ILW.COM have comments on other places/Date deadlines?
(We are going to start giving Address Change handouts to any non-U.S. Citizen at Pro Bono Clinics).
Info. Courtesy, Volunteer Attorneys, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Name Not Supplied.