ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Advanced search

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network


Chinese Immig. Daily


Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of free

Immigration LLC.

< Back to current issue of Immigration Daily < Back to current issue of Immigrant's Weekly

Dear Editor:

I'm a 19 year old and I have one problem. My parents came here in '89 and stayed longer than they were supposed to then tried to go to Barbados to get their documents and took me and my brother right along. The only thing is they didn't give us the documents so we all had to come up here after a year and a half away from this country and come back the "wrong" if you know what i mean.

What my parents are clamoring for is an amnesty, in the mean while I cant travel to China or do the things I'd like without proper documentation, you know. I was thinking is there a way I could go to court and get independence from them and state that I had no choice in my parents bad choices, I was too young to know of the risk and now I'm in a situation I don't want to be in. It seems every little chance there is it doesn't pertain to us and its harder for us because we came in the wrong way the second time.

I can't even speak to my parents about this 'cause they don't want to tell me anything but don't worry. But I am worried and I want more answers. If there is something I could do like filing for independence from parents, or marrying a US citizen please tell me.

I really need help. I'm in this position cause I'm their child. Thats not fair and I'd like to know what I can do to get my citizenship. Please help.

Thank you,