ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Advanced search

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network


Chinese Immig. Daily


Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of free

Immigration LLC.

< Back to current issue of Immigration Daily < Back to current issue of Immigrant's Weekly

List of Proposed INS Application and Petition Fee Increases

 Form No.


Current Fee

Proposed Fee

 I-17 Petition for Approval of School for Attendance by Nonimmigrant Students $200 $230 For school approval, except in the case of a school or school system owned or operated as a public educational institution or system by the United States or a state or political subdivision thereof.
I-90 Application to Replace Alien Registration Card ("Green Card") $110 $130 To renew an expiring or expired green card or replace a lost or damaged card.
I-102 Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document (I-94) $85 $100 For replacement of lost, mutilated, or destroyed I-94 (e.g., required for B-1, B-2 visa holders).
Petitions for Nonimmigrant Workers $110 $130 For employers to petition for a nonimmigrant to come to the United States temporarily to perform services or labor, or to receive training.
I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e) $95 $110 To classify nonimmigrant as fiance(e).
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative $110 $130 To classify status of alien relative for issuance of immigrant visa.
I-131 Application for Travel Document $95 $110 To apply for an INS Travel Document - re-entry permit, refugee travel document, or advance parole.
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker $115 $135 To classify status on the basis of profession or occupation.
I-191 Application for Advance Permission to Return to Unrelinquished Domicile $170 $195 For advance permission for otherwise inadmissible applicants to reenter the United States
I-192 Application for Advance Permission to Enter As a Nonimmigrant $170 $195 For discretionary relief of inadmissible applicants, except in an emergency case and/or where approval benefits the U.S. government.
I-193 Application for Waiver of Passport and/or Visa $170 $195 Request for waiver of passport or visa for persons applying for entry to the U.S.
I-212 Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deporation or Removal $170 $195 Applicant was removed from the United States and applies for reentry.
I-360 Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant $110 $130 For certain benefits granted to Amerasians, widow(er)s, battered spouses or children of United States citizens, or other special immigrants.
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status $220 $255 For permanent resident status and issuance of I-551 ("Green Card").
I-506 Application for Change of Non Immigrant Classification $70 $85 Self-explanatory.
I-526 Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur $350 $400 Application for Investor Visa
I-539 Application to Extend/Change Non Immigrant Status $120 $140 Self-explanatory.
Petition to Classify Orphan As an Immediate Relative $405 $460 Applications for international adoption.
I-601 Application for Waiver on Grounds of Excludability $170 $195 Waiver of ground of excludability for inadmissable applicants.
I-612 Application for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement of Section 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, As Amended $170 $195 Waiver of two-year residence requirement for exchange visitors.
I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence $125 $145 To make permanent the 2-year conditional period of residence based on marriage to a U.S. citizen.
I-765 Application for Employment Authorization $100 $120 Application for a work permit.
I-817 Application for Voluntary Departure Under the Family Unity Act $120 $140 For requesting initial benefits under the Family Unity Program, or to request extension of benefits.
I-824 Action on an Approved Application or Petition $120 $140 To request a duplicate approval notice, to request aproval notice to another U.S. consulate, and to request notice to a U.S. consulate for derivative visas to family members.
I-829 Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions on Residence $345 $395 Self-explanatory
N-300 Application fo File Declaration of Intention $50 $60 For a permanent resident to apply for a Declaration of Intention to become a U.S. citizen (not required for naturalization).
N-336 Request for Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Procedures $170 $195 To request a hearing on an unfavorable naturalization decision.
N-400 Application for Naturalization $225 $260 Self-explanatory
N-470 Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes $80 $95 For a permanent resident who must leave the United States for certain employment urposes and wishes to preserve immigrant status in order to pursue naturalization.
N-565 Application for Replacement of Naturalization/Citizenship Certificate $135 $155 Self-explanatory
N-600 Application for Certificate of Citizenship $160 $185 Self-explanatory
N-643 Application for Certificate of Citizenship in Behalf of an Adopted Child $125 $145 Self-explanatory
  Fingerprinting $25 $50 Self-e\xplanatory