< Back to current issue of Immigration Daily < Back
to current issue of Immigrant's Weekly
Creating an Internet Presence for your Law Practice
As Larry Bodine recently wrote, recent research explodes the myth that web sites are unimportant in the overall marketing efforts for law firms. Here are the steps for setting up your practice on the Internet:
- INSTANT WEB SITE If you do not have a web site, sign up for ILW.COM membership and we will create an instant web page and a web address for you.
- GET A DOMAIN Register an internet address such as "www.yourfirm.com." Make sure that the address is short and not prone to spelling errors. Examples for John Doe could be Doe.com, JohnDoe.com or DoeLaw.com. Catchy immigration names would work too though many are already taken. ILW.COM can register your address of choice for you, just write to email@example.com.
- CHOOSE A HOST A hosting company (such as ILW) provides a physical location for your web site. Your address will not be functional until you choose a host. Choose a reliable hosting company with good support. A professional e-mail address such as firstname.lastname@example.org is part of most hosting packages.
- IMPROVE YOUR SITE What will people see when they visit your site? A web site can be just a single page or much larger. To expand your site you need a web designer who can create a visual identity for your practice. This process is similar to getting a brochure designed. Rates can vary from a few hundred dollars to thousands. ILW.COM hopes to offer you a few inexpensive alternatives in the near future.
- MARKET YOUR SITE Once your site is ready, do not expect it to be overwhelmed by traffic right away. You need to market the site. Put the address on your stationery and tell your clients about it. Put up useful information and encourage other web sites to link to yours by offering them articles or a link in exchange. Hosting on ILW.COM helps build traffic as we send visitors to your site from the directory and search engines.
We hope to cover the above steps in greater detail in future tips. ILW.COM offers a free consultation on all the above steps, please write to email@example.com or fill out our hosting inquiry form:
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM