Comment: Delivery Of Your Issues - One of our subscribers to Immigration Daily, who has subscribed to it since 2009, and works only two blocks away from our office was having trouble receiving his issues. When he complained about the lack of delivery of Immigration Daily to us, we checked in our email sending system and found that it showed the issues being delivered every day. He requested his nephew, a technology expert, to look into the problem, and found that the Immigration Daily issues were ending up in the spam folder. By marking an issue of Immigration Daily as “Not Spam” and entering the email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the safe sender list he was able to start receiving his Immigration Daily. If you ever stop receiving your issues of Immigration Daily, please first look for them in your spam or junk folder. If you find them there mark them as "not spam". If you continue to have problems receiving Immigration Daily, please write to us at email@example.com and we will do what we can to help you.
Article: Middle Eastern and North African Immigrants in the United States By Aaron Terrazas
Article: The Electronic I-9 Tug of War, Part 2 By John Fay
Bloggings: Immigration is Most Important Issue for Hispanics By Greg Siskind
Bloggings: Another DREAMer Sandra F. Lopez is in Immigration Detention Facing Imminent Deportation By Matthew Kolken
Bloggings: Refugee Congress to Meet in DC By Jason Dzubow
Bloggings: Immigration Reform Helps Our Economy By Jacob Sapochnick
News: EOIR Announces Disciplinary Actions
News: USCIS Updates H-1B Cap Count
News: USCIS Updates H-2B Cap Count
Focus: The Physician Immigration Book
ILW.COM is pleased to announce The Physician Immigration Book edited by Robert Aronson. Contributors are: Mary Amundson, Robert Aronson, Lisa Atkins, Therese Bart, Janice Bianco, Ingrid Brey, Brian Bruner, Elise Bruner, Jacqueline Bucar, Lisa Claypool, Kristi Crawford, Karen Dean, Alex Dgebuadze, Robert Divine, Goldie Domingue, Maria Fritzinger Elias, Eleanor Fitzpatrick, Roberta Freedman, Kristen Harris, Wendy Hess, Dayna Kelly, Khorzad Mehta, Jennifer Minear, Bruce Morrison, George Newman, Elizabeth Neuwirth, Ana Pottratz Acosta, Karen Pollins, Jennell Prentice, Elizabeth Quinn, Michelle Scimecca, Suzanne Seltzer, Carl Shusterman, Greg Siskind, Rita Sostrin, Tim Skinner, Sarah Peterson Strensrud, Margaret Stock, Hamel Vyas, Tracy Wallowicz, David Ware, Nathan Waxman, Andrew Wizner and Robert Whitehill
The book outline is as follows:
THE PHYSICIAN WORKFORCE AND HEALTHCARE REALITIES
- Healthigration: Immigration Meets Healthcare Reform by Robert Aronson
THE J-1 EXCHANGE VISITOR PROGRAM: VIEWS FROM THE INSIDE AND THE OUTSIDE
- U.S. Physician Workforce Policy And The Role Of International Medical Graduates: Modest Proposals For A New Era by Kristen Harris
- Immigration Attorneys And In-House Recruiters: The Essential Connection by Tim Skinner and Jennell Prentice
- Rural Healthcare & Conrad 30 J-1 Waivers by Mary Amundson, and Therese Bart
STARTING THE IMMIGRATION PROCESS: THE ART OF THE CLIENT INTAKE PROCESS
- The Evolution Of The J-1 Exchange Visitor Program And The Foreign Residence Obligation: How They Developed To Control Employment In Graduate Medical Education By International Medical Graduates by Ingrid K. Brey
- ECFMG Role in Administering the J-1 Physician Program by Eleanor Fitzpatrick & Tracy Wallowicz
- J-1 Clinical Training For Physicians: Institutional Consideration & Concepts by Lisa E. Claypool and Hamel Vyas
- International Medical Graduates And The J-1 Exchange Visitor Program: Institutional Roles And Responsibilities by Janice Bianco
J-1 WAIVER STRATEGY AND PRACTICE FOR PHYSICIANS
- Physician Intake And Issue Spotting by Robert S. Whitehill
H-1B TEMPORARY WORKER CONSIDERATIONS AND STRATEGY FOR PHYSICIANS
- 50 Ways To 30 Waivers: The Conrad State 30 Program by Suzanne Seltzer
- Fundamentals And Relevance Of Underserved Designations by Robert D. Aronson
- Interested Government Agency (IGA) Clinical Waiver Programs by Goldie C. Domingue
- The New Veterans Health Administration - Again? by Michelle M. Eaton Scimecca
- J-1 Waivers Through the U.S. Department Of Health And Human Services (HHS) - Promoting Excellence And Impact In Biomedical Research by Elizabeth Quinn
ASSESSING ALL POSSIBILITIES: OTHER NONIMMIGRANT VISA OPTIONS FOR PHYSICIANS
- Brief Overview Of Physician's Use Of H-1B Visa Category by George S. Newman
- H-1B Visas For Physicians-In-Training: A Marathon Or An Obstacle Course? by Alexander Dgebuadze and Rita Sostrin
- Tracking The Intractable: H-1B Fulfillment Issues For International Medical Graduates by Khorzad Mehta
- A Look At Selected Cutting Edge Issues For H1-B International Medical Graduates by Andrew L. Wizner
- CSpouses Should Derive More H-1B Time Along With The Green Card Process by Robert Divine
- Who Calls The Shots: The Corporate Practice Of Medicine And Defining The Employer In H-1B Physician Cases by Jacqueline D. Bucar and Elizabeth M. Neuwirth
LONG TERM OPTIONS: PERMANENT RESIDENCE AND NATURALIZATION
- Alternative Non-Immigrant Visa Options For International Medical Graduates by Roberta Freedman and Lisa Atkins
- Canadian Physicians - Separate And Unequal by Carl Shusterman
- Threading The Needle: Counseling The International Medical Graduate On Options For Lawful Permanent Residence by Jennifer A. Minear
- Traversing The Permanent Residence Landscape For International Medical Graduates: A Comparative Analysis by Brian T. Bruner
- Take One Aspirin And A Zantac Before Proceeding: The Alien Labor Certification Process For Physicians by Wendy Castor Hess, Karen M. Pollins and Maria P. Fritzinger Elias
- "Establishing Business Necessity In Physician Labor Certification: Is It Ever A Necessity? by Dayna Kelly
- "The Special Handling Labor Certification In The Context Of Medical Schools by David Ware
- Obtaining The NIW Attestation Letter Of Support: Practical Guidance And Considerations by Elise Bruner
- Searching For The Five-Year Cure: Eligibility Issues Following Completion Of The Employment Obligation In NIW Cases by Robert Aronson and Ana Pottratz Acosta
- Twelve Years After: Six Post - NYSDOT Physician NIWs: 2010 Update by Nathan Waxman and Karen L. Dean
- Military Service As An Option For Foreign Health Care Professionals by Margaret D. Stock
DESIGNING A BETTER MOUSETRAP: SOME THOUGHTS ON LEGISLATIVE REFORM
- The Legacy Of Kutty: Does Kutty Change Who Is Responsible For Paying H-1B Attorney Fees? by Sarah Peterson Stensrud
For more info on The Physician Immigration Book and to order:
- The Legislative Horizon For Physician Immigration by Greg Siskind
- A Simpler Future For FMGs - The MD Visa by Bruce A. Morrison
By Fax: http://www.ilw.com/books/ThePhysicianImmigrationBook.pdf
Headline: Nurse Immigration Book: your guide 4 preparing a case, understanding the nursing crisis & recruiting nurses. Get ur copy http://ow.ly/5MTog
Headline: ICE detainee dies in upstate NewYork hospital. immigration undocumented http://ow.ly/5PE50
Headline: Cashing in on a crackdown http://ow.ly/5PrQa
Headline: Guest Column: Immigration, Perry and a Divided GOP http://ow.ly/5PrMj
Headline: RT @luzchavezb: @BarackObama deports another Dreamer. Andy deportd last night. ICE memo is BS http://bit.ly/niriMe
Headline: Immigration Forms, Case Mgmt, E-filing, I-9, and Website Services: INSZoom http://ow.ly/5MTmi
To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.
Help Wanted: Immigration Professional
Washington, DC - Immigration law firm in the K Street area of downtown Washington seeks legal assistant. Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience in business/family immigration law, with an emphasis on AOS, H1B, L1 and PERM filings. Interesting work and clientele; no timesheets; latest technology; competitive salary and benefits (401K w/ employer match, health insurance, paid vacation, etc). Successful applicants will have broad knowledge of immigration law and procedures; be detail-oriented; able to handle volume; highly organized and strong communicators. Please email resume, cover letter, writing sample and salary requirements, in confidence, to email@example.com. No calls please. EOE.
Help Wanted: Immigration Attorneys
Cincinnati, OH (multiple positions) - The Hammond Law Group, LLC, a Cincinnati-based immigration firm with a national practice, seeks the following: 1) Entry-level attorney interested in a career in immigration law. Must have excellent research and writing skills, 2)Experienced attorney with 2-3 years handling either MD or EB1/NIW type cases, and 3) Lateral with a base of IT clients seeking to join forces and expand your existing practice. Must have a proven entrepreneurial track record and be interested in aggressive sales and growth. Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
Washington, DC - The Law Office of Lichtman & Elliot, PC seeks an immigration litigation associate to represent clients in Immigration Court, the Board of Immigration Appeals and federal court. We are located near Dupont Circle in Washington, DC. A JD, bar admission and experience as an Immigration Court law clerk or three years in immigration litigation required. Email cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
Denver, Colorado - Ogletree Deakins seeks an experienced business immigration paralegal for its Denver office. Candidates should have 5+ years experience in business immigration law including preparation of H-1B, L-1, TN, O-1, P-1 and E-1/E-2 petitions, PERM applications, EB-1 and PERM based I-140s, and adjustments. Qualified candidates must have excellent organizational/communication skills and experience with one of the major immigration case management systems. Very competitive salary and excellent opportunity for professional growth. No relocation assistance. Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
Miami, FL - Law firm seeks immigration attorney with 2 years experience in business-related petitions/applications, including H-1B, E-1/E-2, L-1, PERM and permanent residence (EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3), and RFEs. Experience with EB-5 investor visas a plus. Must have excellent research/writing skills and client follow up. Must be bilingual in Spanish, both verbal and written. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Email resume, three references and two complete writing samples to email@example.com.
Gain the competitive edge with your new website from INSZoom, the world's largest immigration software company. Choose from over 100 customizable website template designs, complete with customized logos and images, 60-70 pages of professionally written immigration law content including news articles, processing dates, and priority times posted directly on your site. Our search engine optimization tools will increase your web traffic and prioritize your site in the major search engines. Our content management tool lets you update your site in real time. Customizable intake sheet that can be integrated to your case management software directly into your website. Bi monthly newsletters and email blast tools enable you to stay in constant touch with current clients and strengthen your potential client base. Build leads and maintain a professional presence at a reasonable cost with websites from INSZoom. Learn more online at http://www1.inszoom.com/solutions/inhouse/web_overview.html or contact a sales representative at (925) 244-0600 to start the process of launching your new website today.
To place a classifieds ad in Immigration Daily, see here
Letters of the Week: Bruce Mulraney, Grosvenor Anschell, and Joseph Whalen
ComingsNGoings: Immigration Reading Humane Migration: Establishing Legitimacy and Rights for Displaced People - By Christine Ho and James Loucky - Kumarian Press (Hardcover) Thorogood (Paperback), 288 pp. - Hardcover, ISBN: 1565493206, $61.83
Paperback, ISBN: 1565493192, $24.95
Readers can share professional announcements (up to 100-words at no charge), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2010 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to email@example.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.