Comment: Letters This Week - This week we received letters from Jerry, Lisa, and Roger Algase. You can read them and comment on them here and here.
Alternatively you can email your letters to mailto:email@example.com
Article: Top Five Marketing Tips for Legal Professionals by Larry Bodine
Bloggings: Immigration Employment Compliance And The Health Care Industry by Greg Siskind
News: USCIS Issues Employment-based I-485 Inventory Pending At Service Centers
News: DHS Issues Notice On Nationals Eligible For H-2A And H-2B Nonimmigrant Worker Programs
Focus: The Physician Immigration Book
ILW.COM is pleased to announce The Physician Immigration Book edited by Robert Aronson. Contributors are: Mary Amundson, Robert Aronson, Lisa Atkins, Therese Bart, Janice Bianco, Ingrid Brey, Brian Bruner, Elise Bruner, Jacqueline Bucar, Lisa Claypool, Kristi Crawford, Karen Dean, Alex Dgebuadze, Robert Divine, Goldie Domingue, Maria Fritzinger Elias, Eleanor Fitzpatrick, Roberta Freedman, Kristen Harris, Wendy Hess, Dayna Kelly, Khorzad Mehta, Jennifer Minear, Bruce Morrison, George Newman, Elizabeth Neuwirth, Jennell Prentice, Karen Pollins, Michelle Scimecca, Suzanne Seltzer, Carl Shusterman, Greg Siskind, Rita Sostrin, Tim Skinner, Sarah Strensrud, Elizabeth Quinn, Hamel Vyas, Tracy Wallowicz, David Ware, Nathan Waxman, Andrew Wizner and Robert Whitehill
The book outline is as follows:
THE PHYSICIAN WORKFORCE AND HEALTHCARE REALITIES
- Healthigration: Immigration Meets Healthcare Reform by Robert Aronson
J-1 EXCHANGE VISITOR PROGRAM AND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICIANS
- Physician Workforce Modeling: State of the Workforce by Kristen Harris
- Immigration Attorneys & Physician Recruiters: The Essential Connection by Tim Skinner & Jennell Prentice
- Rural Healthcare & Conrad Waivers by Mary Amundson & Therese Bart
STARTING THE IMMIGRATION PROCESS
- Evolution of J-1 Exchange Visitor Program for Physicians by Ingrid Brey
- ECFMG Role in Administering the J-1 Physician Program by Eleanor Fitzpatrick & Tracy Wallowicz
- Legal Issues in Administering an Institution's J-1 Exchange Visitor Program by Lisa Claypool
- The View from the Inside: institutional Considerations in the J-1 Program by Janice Bianco
- Intake Analysis and Considerations for the IMG Client by Robert Whitehill
H-1B TEMPORARY WORKER CONSIDERATIONS AND STRATEGY
- Overview of the Conrad J-1 waiver Program by Suzanne Seltzer
- System of Federal Designations of Medical Underservice by Robert Aronson
- Other Federal IGA Waiver Programs by Goldie Domingue
- J-1 Waivers through the Department of Veterans Affairs by Michelle Scimecca
- Waivers for Biomedical Researchers through the Department of Health and Human Services by Elizabeth Quinn
OTHER NONIMMIGRANT VISA OPTIONS
- H-1B overview for International Physicians by George Newman
- H-1B Options for Medical Trainees by Rita Sostrin & Alex Dgebuadze
- H-1B Fulfillment Obligations following INA 214(l) Waivers by Khorzad Mehta
- Eligibility for H-1B Extensions beyond Six-Years by Robert Divine
- Corporate Practice of Medicine and Who is the Employer by Jacqueline Bucar & Elizabeth Neuwirth
PERMANENT RESIDENT OPTIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL PHYSICIANS
- Alternative Nonimmigrant Visa Options for IMGs by Roberta Freedman & Lisa Atkins
- Nonimmigrant Visa Options for Canadian Physicians by Carl Shusterman
- Overview: Choosing the Right Option by Jennifer Minear
- Comparative Advantages: Labor Certification vs. National Interest Waiver by Brian Bruner
- Labor Certification Theory and Practice for Physicians by Wendy Hess, Karen M. Pollins and Maria P. Fritzinger Elias
- Business Necessity for International Physicians by Dayna Kelly
- Special Handling Practice and Strategy for Academic Physicians by David Ware
- National Interest Waiver Overview for Physicians by Kristi Crawford
- NIW Attestation Letters from the State Departments of Health by Elise Bruner
- NYSDOT Adjudications: Trends and Blips by Nathan Waxman & Karen Dean
DESIGNING A BETTER MOUSETRAP: SOME THOUGHTS ON LEGISLATIVE REFORM
- The Legacy of Kutty: Compliance Issues for Employers by Sarah Stensrud
For more info on The Physician Immigration Book and to order:
- Legislative Initiatives Impacting Physician Immigration by Greg Siskind
- Immigration Architecture for the 21st Century by Bruce Morrison
By Fax: http://www.ilw.com/books/ThePhysicianImmigrationBook.pdf
Headline: Republicans seek more Latino outreach http://ow.ly/3DUKo
Headline: Chicago DREAMAct? RahmEmanuel Says He Would Pass Local Version Of DREAM Act If Elected http://ow.ly/3DUxA
Headline: Hispanics Blame Rahm For Illegal Immigrant Ban In HealthCareReform http://ow.ly/3DUok
Headline: Immigration bill would cost state $40 million a year http://ow.ly/3DTKu
Headline: Report criticizes immigration enforcement http://ow.ly/3DTDs
Headline: Chancellor links Tucson shootings to immigration http://ow.ly/3DTx6
Headline: Boy, 9, has Disney World trip ruined after USimmigration rules him a threat http://ow.ly/3DT1C
Headline: California GOP's immigration problem http://ow.ly/3DSHQ
Headline: Sign up for ILW.COM Attorney Yellow Pages. Don't be left out!… Get listed at http://ow.ly/3yOFb
Headline: Employer's Immigration Compliance Desk Reference book will guide employers through the immigration waters get ur copy at http://ow.ly/3yOB1
Headline: @ilwcom offers every 100th new follower a FREE book on immigrants!! valid till supplies last. RT to your friends.
Headline: House may kill Arizona-style immigration bill, Rep. Rick Rand says http://ow.ly/3Dhgp
Headline: RT @rkwences : "My name is Reyna, major is Gender + Women Stds. Something you should know about me? I'm undocumented." dreamer
To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.
Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegals
Boston, MA - Multiple positions (junior and senior) will participate in all aspects of the Seyfarth Shaw LLP Boston office national Business Immigration practice, including assisting in the management of client relationships, preparing employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions, including PERM processing, case preparation, and serving as primary contact to numerous prominent clients. Our clients include Fortune 500 corporations, major academic and medical institutions, and performing artists. Applicants must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and communicate effectively with clients and governmental agencies. Qualified applicants must possess a Bachelor's degree and between 2 to 5 years of business immigration experience. Salary is commensurate with experience. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com.
Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
Washington, DC - Boutique immigration law firm in downtown Washington, DC seeks experienced associate attorney. Ideal candidate will have excellent research, writing skills and client relation skills. Must have demonstrated experience in all business and family immigrant and nonimmigrant petitions and significant Immigration Court experience. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus. Collegial atmosphere. No billable hours. Competitive salary and benefits. Resumes, refs and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Case Management Technology
Use technology to leverage your immigration practice with INSZoom's powerful immigration case management products, which include 800+ forms updated within 24 hours of release with no patches or required downloads. This online tool - accessible from anywhere and anytime - provides e-filing of 20+ essential forms and gives you access to client relationship management and practice management tools, group calendaring, emails, notes, reports, billing and invoicing modules, automatic email alerts and reminders, document storage and assembly, and many other immigration management tools. The online library of customizable questionnaires, letters & email templates, ability for clients to check case status online. Compliancy modules: I9, LCA, AR 11, PERM, optional services: credit card processing, Outlook & QuickBooks integration. An ISO 27001:2005 and 9001:2008 certified company, INSZoom has been providing leading edge technology solutions for all sizes, from solo practitioners to large immigration law firms worldwide, corporations, universities and non-profit organizations since 1999. The world's largest immigration software company, INSZoom delivers robust and flexible solutions customized to your practice's needs. Schedule a complimentary online demonstration by calling (925) 244-0600 or emailing info@INSZoom.com. Learn more about why INSZoom has a 99% customer retention rate at www.INSZoom.com.
Expert Witness Services
Muslim World Expert Professor Shaul M. Gabbay, Phd, offers expert testimony in immigration cases from Muslim countries/societies, including the former USSR. Dr. Gabbay prepared reports and testified in 250+ Immigration cases nationwide (asylum, cancellation of removal, asylum interviews, hardship waivers) with a 93% success rate. Examples of what Immigration lawyers say: ... "He is a consummate scholar and passionate about his subject ... He makes a wonderful witness... He is riveting on the witness stand, helping us win nearly unwinnable cases with aplomb. He has won the praise of numerous Immigration Judges." (Svetlana Schreiber, Esq.) ... "He provided the testimony we needed in numerous asylum cases ... in virtually all of those cases, but for the expert witness testimony, I doubt the cases would have been approved, I recommend Professor Gabbay to anyone with issues involving Islamic society and culture." (Stephen Berman, Esq.) ... "His testimonies, whether written or oral, are credible, persuasive, and non-refutable. I have never lost a single case which had Dr. Gabbay on as an expert witness." (Ally Bolour, Esq.). Contact Professor Gabbay with any questions. He can also recomend country experts outside his specialty. Professor Shaul M. Gabbay, Phd, Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver, email@example.com, (303) 871-2560. www.Muslimworldexpert.com.
To place a classifieds ad in Immigration Daily, see here
ReadersWrite: Yesterday's Discussion
ReadersWrite: Today's Discussion
ComingsNGoings: Submit Your Announcement If you have a professional announcement such as: New Position, Honors And Awards, Mergers & Acquisitions, New Office Address, New Appointment, New Associate, New Attorney, New Partner, that you wish to share with the Immigration Daily community, send your professional announcement to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. comingsNgoings announcements is a free service.
Readers can share professional announcements (up to 100-words at no charge), email: email@example.com.
An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2010 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.