In La Prensa San Diego, Frank Sharry argues "For months, pundits in Washington have been dying to write the obituary for comprehensive immigration reform. Predictably, they're using (last) Tuesday night's special election in Massachusetts as a chance to do just that. But what they overlook is that immigration may well be one of the few issues where a bipartisan breakthrough is possible."
We welcome readers to share their opinion and ideas with us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nurse Immigration Book
The table of contents of this definitive work edited by Joseph Curran and Daniel Berger is as follows:
I. FOREWORD: Why A Nurse Immigration Book? By William Stock
II. PREPARING AN IMMIGRATION CASE:
III. UNDERSTANDING THE NURSING CRISIS:
- H-1 Visas For Nurses By Greg Siskind and Esther Fridman
- TN Status For Nurses By Christopher Wendt
- Practice Pointers for Presenting TN Applications By Leslie Holman
- An Outline Of A Typical Nurse Case, Including Consular Processing By Joseph Curran
- Adjustment Of Status For Professional Nurses By Sylvia Boecker
- Building International Bridges By Commission On Graduates Of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS International)
- Tips For Staffing Companies In Planning Their Posting Strategies By Ronald Nair
- Licensure: US State Licenses For International Nurses By Patrick Curran
- Immigration Basics For Allied Professional Healthcare Workers By Christopher Musillo
- Managing Or Achieving Expectations: The Key To Success By Michael Hammond
IV. RECRUITING AND RETAINING NURSES:
- Global Issues In Nurse Recruitment By Joseph Curran
- The Nurse Shortage: Why It Matters By Carl Shusterman
- Deadly Consequences: The Hidden Impact Of America’s Nursing Shortage By Stuart Anderson
- Aiding And Abetting - Nursing Crises At Home And Abroad By Sreekanth Chagaturu and Snigdha Vallabhaneni
- US Visa Policy Competition For International Scholars, Scientists And Skilled Workers By Phyllis Farrell Norman
- Better Late Than Never: Workforce Supply Implications Of Later Entry Into Nursing By David Auerbach, Peter Buerhaus and Douglas Staiger
V. AFTERWORD: Musings After 2 Decades In Nurse Immigration By James David Acoba
- The Business Of Nurse Immigration By Mireille Kingma
- Recruitment Of Workers In The Philippines: Playing Ball With The POEA By Ronald Nair
- Successful International Nurse Recruiting By C. Philip Slaton
- Nurse Assimilation By Yvette Mooney
- Hospitals' Responses To Nurse Staffing Shortages By Jessica May, Gloria Bazzoli and Anneliese Gerland
- Nurse Perspectives Of The Migration Experience By Mariah Rutherford-Olds
For more info, and to order, please see here. For the fax
order form, see here.
The Bible And US Immigration
David D. Murray writes "This article was written as humorous commentary."
Bloggings On PERM Labor Certification
Joel Stewart writes "Many people are still confused about the way to make changes of address, name or attorney representation on a PERM application."
To submit an Article for consideration, write to email@example.com.
USCIS On Orphan Screening In Haiti
USCIS is actively screening Haitian children for possible humanitarian parole if they fit into one of two special categories authorized by DHS. The specialized categories only apply to Haitian children who were adopted or were in the process of being adopted by American families prior to Jan.12.
Gain the competitive edge with your new website from INSZoom, the world's largest immigration software company. Choose from a range of template websites, complete with customized logos and images, 60-70 pps. of professionally written immigration law content including news articles, processing dates, and priority times posted directly on your site. Our search engine optimization tools will increase your web traffic and prioritize your site in the major search engines. Our content management tool lets you update your site in real time. Customized intake sheets let you integrate your case management software directly into your site. Biweekly newsletters and email blast tools enable you to stay in constant touch with current clients and strengthen your potential client base. Build leads and maintain a professional presence at a reasonable cost with websites from INSZoom. Learn more online at www.inszoom.com/websites or contact a sales representative at (925) 244-0600 to start the process of launching your new website today.
Practitioners with challenging extraordinary ability cases or any other complex immigration cases including appeals, may wish to co-counsel with PJ Patel, an attorney experienced in O, EB-1, NIW, and any complex matters for many years. Mr. Patel is known for his compilation of the INA, 8 CFR & 20/22/28 CFR for the past 25+ years. For more information, see his website at www.immigrationbypatel.com. Mr. Patel can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 212-279-3230. All cases will be kept in strict confidence.
Pressure points of #immigration reform http://ow.ly/12Gqq
#CIR dies in 36 words: Obama won election in part due to his commitment to tackle #immigration. That was then, now what? http://ow.ly/12CJt
#Immigration atty sentenced 8 months for fraud http://ow.ly/11U6j
Readers can share professional announcements (up to 100-words at no charge), email: email@example.com. To announce your event, see here
Immigration Event - San Diego, CA
University of California, San Diego is pleased to present 'Birth Rates and Border Crossings: The Demographic Push Behind Emigration in the Americas' Speaker: Gordon Hanson, UCSD. For more info see http://ccis.ucsd.edu/2010/02/gordon-hanson-birth-rates-and-border-crossings-the-demographic-push-behind-emigration-in-the-americas/
Readers can share comments, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (up to 300-words). Past correspondence is available in our archives
I take issue with Bruce Hake's letter (01/29/10 ID) that my letter (01/28/10 ID) is "wrong". In fact in Mr. Hake's letter admits that "... in the last three years or so that DHS has started taking the radical and unduly harsh position that a person with a pending I-485 must also maintain nonimmigrant (temporary) status . ." That is because, as I said in my letter, it has been INS and USCIS/DHS policy not to put I-458 applicants into removal proceedings. I know of no law that says that a filed I-458 application tolls any statute or prevents instituting removal proceedings, and if there is such a statute, perhaps Mr. Hake's letter could have shared the statute citation, and case citations with us, as such citations are sorely missing from the letter.
David D. Murray, Esq.
Newport Beach, CA
I wanted to thank ID for posting articles and links in the last couple of weeks to the Catholic social teaching
on immigration/migration. I have long held the same belief that God protects and honors his creations
without regard to their geographical location. The party of "no" and people associated with it often digress
to quoting Biblical references in support of their arguments. The article notes that there is a difference
between natural, divine and civil law and reiterates that people in the faith community who support
legislative change are in no way shape or form "pro-open borders", but are acting to change legislation
that is inconsistent with our moral values. Justice and mercy can exist within a rational framework for reform.
On the comment (01/28/10 ID) regarding the Dems extending a hand to Lou Dobbs, not sure we need a fox in the henhouse
at this crucial time and cannot imagine how a "birther" who flip-flopped on immigration policy can lend
credibility to our arguments.
An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2010 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to email@example.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.