Top Links November 2008
We feature the most accessed links by our readers in November 2008 below:
Top five November Immigration Daily Articles
Top five November Immigration Daily Items
We welcome readers to share their opinion and ideas with us by writing to email@example.com.
The H-1B Book Shipping Now
THE H-1B BOOK 2008-2009 Edition, Editor Karen Weinstock, is shipping now. The Table of Contents is as follows:
Chapter One: Interview The Client
Chapter Two: Send The Client Intake Forms And Related Information
- Qualifying the Position as a Specialty Occupation
- Qualifying The Employee
- Meeting Wage Requirements
- Lawyer's H-1B Consultation Questionnaire Form
- Lawyer's H-1B Task Checklist
Chapter Three: Credentials: Verify That The Worker Has A US Bachelor's Degree Or Equivalent
- Intakes Summary
- H-1B Employer Intake/Questionnaire Form
- H-1B Worker Intake/Questionnaire Form
- The Complete H-1B Process: Company Flowchart
- The H-1B Process: Company's Step-By-Step Explanation
- Explanation and instructions for spouses and
Chapter Four: Determine The Prevailing Wage
- Credentials Summary
- If the worker has a U.S. degree - no evaluation is
- If the worker has a foreign degree - order credentials
- If the H-1B petition is based on work experience or
combination - order a work experience evaluation
- List of credentials evaluation firms, web sites and phone
Chapter Five: Prepare And File The Labor Condition Application (LCA)
- Understanding the Prevailing Wage
- Determining the Prevailing Wage
- O*NET, SOC, Wage Levels, Job Zone and SVP
- SESA or SWA Wage Determination
- FLC Data Center Wage Determination
- Wage Determination Through Other Wage Surveys
- Practice Examples in Determination of the Prevailing
Chapter Six: Prepare The I-129, Related Forms And Petition Letter
- Introduction to the Labor Condition Application (LCA)
- Preparing and filing the Labor Condition Application (LCA)
- Online LCA filing
- Complete Online LCA and Receive LCA Approval Online
- Completing the LCA: Step by Step
- H-1B Dependent Employers Worksheet for the LCA
- Detailed Description of Form ETA-9035E and its Obligations
- Sample of completed LCA (form ETA-9035E)
- Copy of form ETA9035CP (LCA cover pages)
Chapter Seven: Send All The Forms And Petition Letter To The Client For Review & Signature
- Form I-129
- H supplement to Form I-129
- Form I-129 H-1B Data Collection Supplement
- Form G-28
- Form I-907 if premium processing is applicable
If the H-1B worker has a spouse and/or children:
- Form I-539
- Form I-539 Supplement 1 (if necessary for other family
Chapter Eight: Assemble The H-1B Petition And Send To The USCIS Service Center
- Sample letter to client
- LCA posting notice
- Sample Letter to Employer Regarding Public Access File
- Memorandum to employers on Labor Condition Application
- Public Access File sample
Chapter Nine: Troubleshooting
- General Filing Instructions (including list of service centers and filing addresses)
- Sample Cover Letter
- H-1B Petition document checklist
- Sample list of exhibits
Chapter Ten: Post-Approval Case Management
- Request for Additional Evidence
- Dealing with the dreaded request for evidence
- Sample Response to Request for Additional Evidence
- Second Example of Response to Request for Additional Evidence
- I-9 Compliance, Social Security Numbers and Driver's Licenses
- Changes in H-1B Employment and Amendments
- How Mergers, Acquisitions and other corporate Transactions Affect the H-1B
For more information about the book and to order, see here. For the fax form, see here.
- Summary of Post-Approval Issues
- Sample H-1B Approval Letter to Employees that are in the U.S.
- Sample H-1B Approval Letter to Company - Employee(s) Abroad
- Sample H-1B Approval Letter to Employees Abroad
- Non- Immigrant Visa Consular Processing Information Sheet
Bloggings on Dysfunctional Government
Angelo Paparelli shares the latest entries as of December 5, 2008 on his Dysfunctional Government blog.
Immigrants Of The Day: Mack Sennett of Canada, Isabella Rossellini of Italy, and John Shalikashvili of Poland
Kevin R. Johnson celebrates the achievements of these notable immigrants.
The Obama Administration, Congress, And Immigration Relief: Not Super Duper, Yet
Kevin L. Dixler writes "However, I have no illusions for reasonable immigration reform without rock solid Congressional education."
To submit an Article for consideration, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USCIS Answers National Stakeholder Questions
USCIS published its responses to national stakeholder questions from its November 13, 2008 USCIS National Stakeholder meeting.
Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
Rockville, MD -
Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A., the largest suburban MD law firm, seeks a proactive,
result-oriented immigration associate with
3+ years of attorney experience in immigration law including employment-Based IV
(including EB-1, EB-2, EB-3), and NIV (including E-1, E-2, H-1B, L-1A,
L-1B, O-1, TN), family-Based IV, naturalization, adjustment of status,
consular processing, I-9 compliance/employer sanctions, and litigation.
Position includes supervision of paralegal and administrative staff. If you have excellent academic
credentials and strong drafting skills, you will find an exciting, diverse
practice with opportunity for further career development. We offer an excellent salary/benefits package. Work
with an experienced team of professionals who are passionate about the
practice of immigration law in a fast paced, collegial setting with all the
resources of a large law firm. Submit resume to: Ms. Maura Bowen, 11921 Rockville Pike, Third Floor, Rockville, MD 20852-2743,
Fax (301) 230-2891, e-mail: email@example.com
J-1 Visa Program
Discover the ease and flexibility of the J-1 Trainee visa with AIESEC United States. For 50 years, AIESEC U.S. has offered foreign nationals the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally by sponsoring exchange visitor traineeships. Enjoy unparalleled customer service, including in-depth guidance on J-1 Trainee visa regulations and the changes effective July 2007. We also offer logistical and cultural reception services in locations nationwide. Expect a 24-48 hr. application processing time. The J-1 Trainee visa can be used for individuals to participate in training programs in the following fields: information media and communications, education, social sciences, library science, counseling and social services, management, business, commerce and finance, the sciences, engineering, architecture, mathematics and industrial occupations, public administration, and law. Attorneys interested in learning more about AIESEC United States and the J-1 Trainee visa, please email Melany Hamner: MelanyH@aiesecus.org.
EB-5 Business For Sale
US EB-5 opportunity - Lumber manufacturing, Barnes Manufacturing Co., Kenbridge, VA, Lunenburg County. $2.7 million USD. No debt or inventory included. To view pictures and an appraisal report, see here. To discuss further, contact Thomas Barnes at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-955-0595 (after 10 am EST). All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Will Immigration Impasse Meet Its Match?
As governor of the state that for nearly a decade has been the most popular U.S. entry point for unauthorized border-crossers, Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano made it known often and bluntly that she had to take action because Washington was ignoring the problem.
Illegal Immigration Hurts Minn. In House
The system of counting illegal aliens and non-citizens in the Federal Census every 10 years — and the use of these figures to establish representation in Congress — is about to take one of Minnesota's representatives from the House.
Metro Detroit Area Deportations Climb 45 Percent In One Year
A sharp escalation in enforcement of immigration laws is yielding a spike in deportations of illegal immigrants and rampant fear in some Metro Detroit neighborhoods that are home to longtime, undocumented residents.
Bill Richardson, Alone, Is Not Enough
While rebuilding the American economy is a fudamental priority for all voters, Obama must move decisively in his first term to address key issues specific to Latinos.
Readers can share their professional announcements (100-words or fewer at no charge), email: email@example.com. Readers interested in learning about featuring your event or conference in Immigration Daily, see here. To feature your newsletter in Immigration Daily, see here.
New Firm Name
Mamann & Associates is pleased to announce that the firm name has changed to Mamann, Sandaluk, effective November 1, 2008. This change reflects the admission of Joel Sandaluk into the partnership. http://www.migrationlaw.com. firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: (416) 862-0000.
Readers are welcome to share their comments, email: email@example.com (300-words or fewer preferred). Many letters to the Editor refer to past correspondence, available in our archives.
An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.