Global Warming Scapegoat
New Times reports "A new TV commercial, sponsored by Santa A new TV commercial, sponsored by Santa Barbara-based Californians for Population Stabilization, purports that increased immigration—both legal and illegal—will quadruple America's carbon footprint." For the full story, see here.
We welcome readers to share their opinion and ideas with us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The H-1B Book Shipping Now
THE H-1B BOOK 2008-2009 Edition, Editor Karen Weinstock, is shipping now. The Table of Contents is as follows:
Chapter One: Interview The Client
Chapter Two: Send The Client Intake Forms And Related Information
- Qualifying the Position as a Specialty Occupation
- Qualifying The Employee
- Meeting Wage Requirements
- Lawyer's H-1B Consultation Questionnaire Form
- Lawyer's H-1B Task Checklist
Chapter Three: Credentials: Verify That The Worker Has A US Bachelor's Degree Or Equivalent
- Intakes Summary
- H-1B Employer Intake/Questionnaire Form
- H-1B Worker Intake/Questionnaire Form
- The Complete H-1B Process: Company Flowchart
- The H-1B Process: Company's Step-By-Step Explanation
- Explanation and instructions for spouses and
Chapter Four: Determine The Prevailing Wage
- Credentials Summary
- If the worker has a U.S. degree - no evaluation is
- If the worker has a foreign degree - order credentials
- If the H-1B petition is based on work experience or
combination - order a work experience evaluation
- List of credentials evaluation firms, web sites and phone
Chapter Five: Prepare And File The Labor Condition Application (LCA)
- Understanding the Prevailing Wage
- Determining the Prevailing Wage
- O*NET, SOC, Wage Levels, Job Zone and SVP
- SESA or SWA Wage Determination
- FLC Data Center Wage Determination
- Wage Determination Through Other Wage Surveys
- Practice Examples in Determination of the Prevailing
Chapter Six: Prepare The I-129, Related Forms And Petition Letter
- Introduction to the Labor Condition Application (LCA)
- Preparing and filing the Labor Condition Application (LCA)
- Online LCA filing
- Complete Online LCA and Receive LCA Approval Online
- Completing the LCA: Step by Step
- H-1B Dependent Employers Worksheet for the LCA
- Detailed Description of Form ETA-9035E and its Obligations
- Sample of completed LCA (form ETA-9035E)
- Copy of form ETA9035CP (LCA cover pages)
Chapter Seven: Send All The Forms And Petition Letter To The Client For Review & Signature
- Form I-129
- H supplement to Form I-129
- Form I-129 H-1B Data Collection Supplement
- Form G-28
- Form I-907 if premium processing is applicable
If the H-1B worker has a spouse and/or children:
- Form I-539
- Form I-539 Supplement 1 (if necessary for other family
Chapter Eight: Assemble The H-1B Petition And Send To The USCIS Service Center
- Sample letter to client
- LCA posting notice
- Sample Letter to Employer Regarding Public Access File
- Memorandum to employers on Labor Condition Application
- Public Access File sample
Chapter Nine: Troubleshooting
- General Filing Instructions (including list of service centers and filing addresses)
- Sample Cover Letter
- H-1B Petition document checklist
- Sample list of exhibits
Chapter Ten: Post-Approval Case Management
- Request for Additional Evidence
- Dealing with the dreaded request for evidence
- Sample Response to Request for Additional Evidence
- Second Example of Response to Request for Additional Evidence
- I-9 Compliance, Social Security Numbers and Driver's Licenses
- Changes in H-1B Employment and Amendments
- How Mergers, Acquisitions and other corporate Transactions Affect the H-1B
For more information about the book and to order, see here. For the fax form, see here.
- Summary of Post-Approval Issues
- Sample H-1B Approval Letter to Employees that are in the U.S.
- Sample H-1B Approval Letter to Company - Employee(s) Abroad
- Sample H-1B Approval Letter to Employees Abroad
- Non- Immigrant Visa Consular Processing Information Sheet
Bloggings on Nurse Immigration
Christopher T. Musillo of the Hammond Law Group shares the latest entries as of October 27, 2008 on his nurse immigration blog.
Immigrants Of The Day: Gepsie M. Metellus of Haiti, John Houseman a/k/a Charles Kingsfield of Hungary, and Clementine M. Msengi of Rwanda
Kevin R. Johnson celebrates the achievements of these immigrants.
To submit an Article for consideration, write to email@example.com.
DHS Publishes No Match Supplemental Final Rule
DHS published notice in the Federal Register of a supplemental final rule regarding safe harbor procedures for employers who receive a no-match letter.
Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
St. Louis, MO - Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
seeks an experienced paralegal to assist in case management and preparation of a wide range of employment-based immigrant and non-immigrant petitions, PERM applications and Adjustment of Status applications. Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP is one of the nation's largest law firms, with 335 attorneys in eight offices with experience in more than 45 practice areas, and represents clients in a full range of corporate, transaction and litigation matters. For more information see: http://www.stinson.com/careers/staffcareers.asp. Please send resume with salary requirement to Lisa K. Lange at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
J-1 Visa Program
Discover the ease and flexibility of the J-1 Trainee visa with AIESEC United States. For 50 years, AIESEC U.S. has offered foreign nationals the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally by sponsoring exchange visitor traineeships. Enjoy unparalleled customer service, including in-depth guidance on J-1 Trainee visa regulations and the changes effective July 2007. We also offer logistical and cultural reception services in locations nationwide. Expect a 24-48 hr. application processing time. The J-1 Trainee visa can be used for individuals to participate in training programs in the following fields: information media and communications, education, social sciences, library science, counseling and social services, management, business, commerce and finance, the sciences, engineering, architecture, mathematics and industrial occupations, public administration, and law. Attorneys interested in learning more about AIESEC United States and the J-1 Trainee visa, please email Melany Hamner: MelanyH@aiesecus.org.
Gain the competitive edge with your new website from INSZoom, the world's largest immigration software company. Choose from a range of template websites, complete with customized logos and images, 60-70 pps. of professionally written immigration law content including news articles, processing dates, and priority times posted directly on your site. Our search engine optimization tools will increase your web traffic and prioritize your site in the major search engines. Our content management tool lets you update your site in real time. Customized intake sheets let you integrate your case management software directly into your site. Biweekly newsletters and email blast tools enable you to stay in constant touch with current clients and strengthen your potential client base. Build leads and maintain a professional presence at a reasonable cost with websites from INSZoom. Learn more online at www.inszoom.com/websites or contact a sales representative at (925) 244-0600 to start the process of launching your new website today.
Houston Jail Suspends Immigration Program
The Harris County Sheriff's Office has reversed course on an immigration program after a county commissioner complained the agency didn't get permission to implement the plan.
Hispanics To Press New President On Immigration, No Matter The Victor
If Hispanic voters turn out in the numbers predicted in next Tuesday’s presidential election, the winner may be pressured into tackling the politically prickly issue of immigration reform in his first year in office whether he wants to or not, an immigrant advocate predicted Wednesday.
Perry To File Comprehensive Illegal Immigration Package
Earlier this week, Representative Jeffrey Davis Perry (R-Sandwich) announced his plan to file comprehensive legislation dealing with illegal immigration here in the Commonwealth.
Immigration Hot Issue For Hispanics In Key State
While the two candidates have remained mostly mum on the issue of immigration on the campaign trail, both Democratic and GOP operatives in Colorado said it plays a vital role in the contest there.
Readers can share their professional announcements (100-words or fewer at no charge), email: email@example.com. Readers interested in learning about featuring your event or conference in Immigration Daily, see here. To feature your newsletter in Immigration Daily, see here.
Immigration Event - Washington, DC
November 21, 2008 - The Washington, DC Chapter of AILA will hold its "Bright Lights of AILA" Fall Conference. This full-day program offers both basic and advanced tracks. We have a diverse and charismatic group of panelists including: William L. Carlson, Ph.D., Administrator, and Elissa McGovern, Policy and Regulatory Manager, of the Office of Foreign Labor Certification / ETA as well as Juan Osuna, Chairman of the BIA. Early bird registration ends November 7, 2008. AILA members, check AILA InfoNet under in-person conferences for details; non-members- email, firstname.lastname@example.org for details. ILW.COM is pleased to be a media event sponsor.
Readers are welcome to share their comments, email: email@example.com (300-words or fewer preferred). Many letters to the Editor refer to past correspondence, available in our archives.
An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.