Registration Deadline Is Tuesday, October 28th
Tuesday, October 28th is the deadline to register for "Invest, Build And
Digitize: Immigration Law Opportunities In The Venture-Capital,
Manufacturing And Information-Technology Sectors Of The U.S. Economy". This
telephonic seminar series features distinguished practitioners John
Brendel, David Cook, Tien-Li Loke Walsh, Julie Pearl, Steven Roby, Lincoln
Stone, Alan Tafapolsky and Susan Wehrer as speakers, with Angelo Paparelli as discussion
leader. For more info. see: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/october2003.shtm. (Fax version: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/october2003.pdf.)
Curriculum For Invest, Build, Digitize
The curriculum for ILW.COM's new seminar "Invest, Build And Digitize: Immigration Law Opportunities In The Venture-Capital, Manufacturing And Information-Technology Sectors Of The U.S. Economy" is as follows:
The media and the Web are awash these days with reports on the jobless recovery and the harm to the U.S. economy caused by the export of manufacturing and white-collar jobs abroad. A few quieter voices continue to champion the old-fashioned values of employment-based immigration and the need to adopt enlightened government policies that help promote innovation, build new industries and create jobs for American workers.
While the pundits pontificate and Congress temporizes, immigration lawyers have no time to await developments. They must act now and continue to develop ever-more thoughtful strategies that utilize current provisions of the immigration laws as legitimate vehicles for employers to sponsor bright, talented and hard-working foreign nationals to fill critically important slots in American industries.
In response to this need, we present a three-part national teleconference focusing on three of the most important sectors of the U.S. economy: Venture Capital and Investment; Manufacturing; and Information Technology. Moderated by nationally-renowned business immigration lawyer, Angelo A. Paparelli, the teleconference will feature leading immigration practitioners with several years of real-world experience in serving these industry sectors.
FIRST Phone Session on October 30:
Focus on Manufacturing Industry Employers and Occupations
- Selecting the Best Immigration Options for Joint Ventures and Collaborations
- Identifying Creative approaches to Allow Secondments of Executives, Managers and Specialists
- Brainstorming on Current Issues and Solutions for E, H-1B and L-1 Aliens in Manufacturing Occupations
- Choosing Strategies for Employment-Based Immigrants in Manufacturing
- Identifying Solutions for Engineers, Blue-Collar Workers, Trainees and Business Visitors
- Using Case Study Examples: Immigration Opportunities for Automotive Importers, Manufacturers, Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers.
SECOND Phone Session on November 5:
Focus on Employers and Occupations in Investments and the Venture-Capital Industry
- Using the B-1, WB and Other, More Untraditional Nonimmigrant Options to Establish the U.S. Enterprise
- Selecting the Best Approach: E-1, E-2, L-1, H-1B and O-1 options for Entrepreneurs, Small Businesses and Global Companies
- Dare We Try? - Examining EB-5 Employment-Creation Investment Options
- Addressing and Resolving Ability-to-Pay Challenges for New Businesses
- Developing a Bullet-Proof Business Plan
- Representing the Venture Capitalist, the Investment Syndicate or the Joint Venture
- Transitioning the Entrepreneur to Green-Card Status Despite Matter of Modular Container Systems, 89-INA-228 (BALCA July 16, 1991) and Obstacles in the Forthcoming PERM Rule
- Deploying Best Practices for Jobs in the Financial-Services Industry
THIRD Phone Session on December 4:
Focus on Employers and Occupations in the Information-Technology Industry
- Establishing Immigration Eligibility for Evolving and Never-Before IT Occupations
- Helping Aliens with No Degrees and Degree-Mismatches Move into IT
- Identifying Tips for the Smart-Set in this year's H-1B "Race for the Numbers"
- Defending Against BICE and DOL/WHD Investigations in the IT Industry
- Using H-1B and AOS Portability in the Ongoing IT Job-Hopping Escapades
- Remaking Love Story: Seventh-Year Strategies and Beyond ("Love is Never Having to Say Goodbye")
- Managing Expectations and Speeding-Up the Processing of Visa Applications and Visa Screening for Country-of-Concern Aliens and Workers with Technology-Alert-List Problems
The deadline to register is
Tuesday, October 28th. For more info, including detailed curriculum,
speaker bios, and registration information, please see: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/october2003.shtm. For the fax version, please see: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/october2003.pdf
Presidential Paper Historical Series: 113 - White House Statement On Government Policies To Reduce Immigration (President Herbert Hoover: 1929-1933)
President Hoover sent this message to Congress on March 26, 1931.
Keep on top of the latest in immigration law! Attend ILW.COM seminars! You can attend ILW.COM phone seminars from the convenience of your office! For more info on the seminars currently available, please click here: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/
Immigration Law News
BICE Investigation On Walmart
The Bureau of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement announced that it arrested hundreds of illegal aliens at Wal-Mart stores in more than 20 US states as part of an ongoing investigation into the illegal employment of unauthorized workers.
BCIS Says 231,030 H-1B Petitions Received In FY '03
The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services released an H-1B fact sheet that stated in FY 2003, the Congressionally-mandated cap of 195,000 beneficiaries was not reached and about 78,000 individuals, mostly initial beneficiaries, were counted against the cap.
BALCA Declines To Affirm CO On Speculation About Medical Supervision
In the Matter of South Hills Country Home II, No. 2002-INA-142 (BALCA, Sep. 15, 2003), the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals said that there was no concrete basis in the record for finding that employing a nurse assistant without a supervising medical staff would be illegal.
Walmart Stores Raided, 245 Workers Arrested
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports "About the same time as the [61 Walmart] store raids, a team of immigration agents entered Wal-Mart's corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark., and questioned a mid-level manager in the chain's "building support" division, Wal-Mart spokesman Tom Williams said.
Immigration Reform Has Strong Bipartisan Support
The San Francisco Chronicle reports "A delegation of US lawmakers wrapping up a three-day visit to Mexico on Friday said both parties support immigration reform that would make it easier for undocumented workers to obtain legal status."
Attorney listings on ILW.COM are searched 200,000 times/year! Each attorney listed is searched an average of once each day! Just one new client will pay for the entire year's fee! Click here for more info: http://www.ilw.com/membership/
Case Management Technology
Do you want to grow your immigration business in today's market? If so, let Emaximm help. Successful attorneys invest in the best technology to run their practice, so they can maximize the use of their time. Emaximm technology uses automation and easy to use tools that allow immigration attorneys to maximize their resources and improve profitability. Just enter a sample case in Emaximm and have your prospects and clients log into their client center for instant status
and dialogue with your firm. No hidden costs, no setup fees, no per case fee, free phone support.
Best of breed technology for a simple price tag. Test it out. You'll find
it will be your smartest immigration tool. Visit our website at: https://www.emaximm.com to sign up for a test drive. For more information, email us at testdrive@Emaximm.com or call us at either one of our locations: Michigan: (248) 844-1200 x 204 or New Jersey: (732) 423-5159.
We carry advertisements for Help Wanted: Attorney, Help Wanted: Paralegal, Help Wanted: Other, Positions Sought, Products & Services Offered, etc.
For information on advertising in the classifieds please click here
For a listing of current immigration events please click here
For services/products of use in your law practice please click here
Letters to the Editor
I am an immigration attorney in San Francisco, California. Could you help me in locating a couple of BALCA decisions? The cases are Compaq Computer Corp. (2002 INA 249) and True Love Presbyterian Church on behalf of Kim (2003 INS 82). Thank you very much.
San Francisco, CA
Editor's Note: To search our site, try our search engine. For example, to submit a search for "True Love" select a natural language search within Immigration Daily, deselect the word stemming function, and click search. The search engine produces the True Love Presbyterian Church BALCA decision. Following a similiar search, the Compaq Computer BALCA decision appears.
An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice.
Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a
qualified attorney. Send Correspondence and articles to email@example.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. Opinions expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily reflect the opinion of ILW.COM.