ILW.COM February 2009 Citations
Editor's note: We share the citations from all February 2009 ILW.COM seminars.
Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar Latest In Adjustment Of Status
From Joren Lyons
- Affidavits of Support: Generally: INA 213A
- Requirement for sponsor to file change of address: 8 CFR 213a.3
- Reimbursement provisions: 8 CFR 213a.4
- Asylee and Refugee Adjustment effective dates: 8 CFR 209.1(e) (refugees); 209.2(f) (asylees)
- Voluntary Reavailment Issues: "Readmission of Asylees and Refugees Without Travel Documents," Memorandum of Bo Cooper (INS General Counsel), November 23, 1999, HQCOU 90/15-P.
Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar H-1B For Experts
From Brad Maged
- Notice to Union Bargaining Rep.: 20 C.F.R. §655.730(d)(4), 655.734(a)(1)
- "Single Employer" Definition: Internal Revenue Code § 414(b), (c), (m) or (o)
- H-1B Dependency: 20 C.F.R. §§ 656.736-39
Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar PERM For Beginners
From Sofia Zneimer
- Obtain job description, title, requirements
- Our office will help the employer in every step. We will check Appendix A to see if the job is professional
- Send a prevailing wage request to SWA
- Place a job order with SWA
- Draft internal notice (check with employer regarding in-house media)
- Obtain an estimate and draft text for approval for ads for two Sunday ads in an appropriate newspaper (one ad may be in professional journal if for professional position)
- Help the employer decide regarding the 3 additional methods of recruitment
- Help the employer ensure that the employer is not rejecting US workers improperly
- Prepare recruitment report and send it to employer for review and signature
- Make sure that you have all business necessity documentation, if required
- Prepare application and have employee and foreign worker review it before submission
- Submit the application electronically
- Monitor the application
To check the Rada Advertising, Inc. pls. see here.
From Cora-Ann Pestaina
Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar Employer Sanctions For Experts
From Angelo A. Paparelli
Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar H-1B For Beginners
From Roger Tsai
- INA 214(i)(1) contains the definition of specialty occupation.
Citations for ILW.COM's Seminar Investor Options For Beginners
From Barry Gleen
- Matter of X, SRC 98 101 50785 (AAO August 9,2006)
- Matter of Aphrodite Investments, Ltd.17 I+N, 530 (1980)
About The Authors
Christina LaBrie, et al. are the speakers for Latest In Adjustment Of Status. To purchase an audio CD of all 3 sessions, see here.
Karen Weinstock, et al. are the speakers for H-1B For Experts. To purchase an audio CD of all 3 sessions, see here.
Sofia Zneimer, et al. are the speakers for PERM For Beginners. To purchase an audio CD of all 3 sessions, see here.
Angelo Paparelli, et al. are the speakers for Employer Sanctions For Experts. To purchase an audio CD of all 3 sessions, see here.
Edward Carroll, et al. are the speakers for Investor Options For Beginners. To purchase an audio CD of all 3 sessions, see here.
The opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the opinion of ILW.COM.
Copyright © 1999-2007 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM
Share this page
Bookmark this page
The leading immigration law publisher - over 50000 pages of free information!
© Copyright 1995- American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM