PERM 2007: What Will The Year Of The Pig Bring?
Editor's Note: The following are the materials for this seminar.
"PERM 2007: What Will The Year Of The Pig Bring?"
From Anikó T. Kálnoki
1. Documents required to demonstrate bona fide job opportunity in alien influence or control over the job opportunity cases 20 CFR Section 656.17(l)
2. Matter of Modular Container Systems, Inc. 89-INA-228 (BALCA 07/16/1991)
3. Layoffs 20 CFR Section 656.17(k)(1)(2)
4. Qualifying experience/training gained with applicant employer 20 CFR Section 656.17(i)(3)(i) et seq
5. Prevailing wages 20 CFR Subpart D Section 656.40 May 17, 2005 DOL Memorandum to SWA Administrators; Emily Stover DeRocco
6. Job Orders
20 CFR Section 656.17(e)(i)(A)
DOL FAQ November 29, 2006 Timeframes
From Mitchell L. Wexler
Matter of eBusiness Applications Solutions, Inc. 2005-INA-87 (BALCA Dec. 6, 2006) (Vittone, Chief Administrative Law Judge)
From Jonathan C. Adams
During the February 8, 2007 second session of the seminar entitled "What will the year of the pig bring" it was suggested that for roving employees, an ad be placed in a national publication. To be clear, in order to successfully file the Form 9089, you would need two local ads covering the headquarters location for those employees who may be at various unanticipated client or office sites nationally. The suggestion to place an ad in a national publication was in addition to any base requirements for a PERM application as an extra measure due to the lack of clear guidance on the issue of roving employees under PERM.
Mitchell L. Wexler, et al. are the speakers for the PERM 2007: What Will The Year Of The Pig Bring? seminar
The opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the opinion of ILW.COM.